28 January 2015

Winter Beauty

"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a 
sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour."
-John Boswell

This winter has not been full of snow flurries or scraping car windows. 
and-
            I am okay with that. Totally okay with it!

I love a beautiful winter snow storm when I can watch it from the kitchen window. I enjoy seeing kids bundled up with their sleds in tow....and I (of course) like drinking hot ovalteen every winter evening. I even found a cool looking green coat to bundle up in when the weather is a bit frosty.
But having the snow mostly in the mountains is the best of both worlds. No slippery icy streets on my way to school. Dad hasn't had to go out with the snow blower but a few times so far the season.

I sometimes like to think life slows down a bit in the winter time.  I don't know if its life or just me. 
I take the time to browse the library shelves instead of a quick in and out. I fit in a project here and there - paint this, make that or move craft supplies around. Sometimes I even take the time to sit on the couch and ponder. Yes just sit there in the quiet of the afternoon. 
Laundry still gets done on Mondays and school stuff still fills in an hour here and there but I seem to slow down and enjoy the afternoons more.  Hope you do to. 

Winter is a good thing.  
Especially while I am sitting here enjoying the quiet and an ovalteen!

xoxo
mom

No comments: