
It's friday- (I love no-work Fridays. I am still in my pajamas)
It's March 25th.
It's snowing.
I am not sure why but I am so ready for Spring and the partly sunny, partly rainy days that Spring brings. Things warm up. . . including your essence.
Last year, during the Spring, Western tanagers came for a visit. I loved seeing the yellow/black/red birds so close in my bushes and remembered the birds and memories of being at the cabin with my grandparents. My grandfather-Bert, loved seeing those birds. He loved bird watching in general. Still have the binoculars by the big window at the cabin. Good memories of the cabin and my grandparents.
Even having a little Spring sunshine and warmth begs you to get out to the garden and planting. Yeah for lettuce and spinach. I found some leftover lettuce seeds in the garage and planted a few rows on a warmer day this week. Bryttin bought me some spinach seeds - so I am waiting for another "partly sunny" day to spread them into the dirt. Spring planting is so delightful.
It seems the "cold" I got 2 weeks ago is holding on for dear life! I can't seem to shake it. Lyvia and Amelia have both had it for that long too and now, Brynn and Pop are just now feeling it coming on. (Zinc- says the grandpa, orange juice says the nurse, honey tea says the grandma and now we are waiting for the lady with the Aligator purse to sweep in with the real remedy!)
What's up with the fam-
Bailey leaves for her adventure to Dubai tomorrow morning. Can't imagine the great experiences she will be telling us about next week when she gets home. Love how "bold" Bailey is in trying out for new things. Her life is full and happy.
Brynn is homebound with her cold and not at school today (hopefully sleeping) and Samuel will be able to concentrate on school work now that BYU is out of the basketball tournament. He has been "Jimmered" these past few weeks!
Bret and Erica are out on escapades this week. Hope to hear of the mountains, climbing and dog hiking soon.
Bryttin, Jason, Lyvia and Amelia are hopefully all feeling better. Amelia is now totally one years old, her red hair is growing in and she has a mischievous smile about her at all times. Lyvia has been a cowgirl lately...complete with hat and outfit! She is so good at using her polite manners and loves going on excursions or field trips with her mother.
No jury duty for Bryttin! and Jason is maybe going camping tonight in the snow???
Spence is taking the bus to work some mornings and working hard. Loves his family and wild wednesdays. He is on the city planning commission now.
Thoughts for the week-
"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors and let each new year find you better person." -Ben Franklin
"Adventure is always worthwhile." -Aristotle
Love you all.
1 comment:
You have a wonderful way of seeing beauty and reminding us all to 'smell the roses' along the road of life. Along with beauty, brilliance, talent, innate spirituality, and the fact that you were willing, that's why I married you.
Post a Comment