My garden is starting to burst. I have beets, cucumbers and tomatoes loving their spots in the new square foot garden. The corn was definetely "knee high by the 4th of July". I ha
ve made two batches of raspberry jam with homegrown raspberries. The squash leaves are like elephant ears and the basil plant is waiting patiently for some home grown tomatoes. (I think I need to learn to make pesto.) But- .....the pumpkins were devastated. Something or someone totally ate all the leaves. I'm sad about it because I think pumpkins are a must in every garden!
Summer is definitely moving along because I have been able to accomplish 4 of my summer goals so far. Cleaning out the shed. (yeah dad) Finishing a quilt for a gift. Walking 10,000 steps at least 4 days a week for a month and reading 2 boo
ks. Yeah for goals in the summertime. How are your goals coming?


Bryttin called yesterday to remind us about the parade and dinner party she has in Bountiful just before the 24th. Again, this reminded me that summer is sailing by. We love to go to the parade, but most of all we love watching Lyvia watch the pa
Another evidence of summer moving quickly along is the lemonade stands. Brynn and Bailey stop at all of them and then "grade" them. "Fake lemonade." "Warm." "Cold but Koolaid." (evidently Koolaid is a no no at a lemonade stand!) "Good but too expensive-.50c inflation has even hit the stands!" Brynn says- you are too busy if you don't have time to stop at a lemonade stand.
But the real "event" that makes the case of Summer soaring by is that - We go to the cabin in 12 days! YEAH!!! I started making the lists and thinking about food and what hat to wear and projects and repellent and books to read. Its almost time! It's coming! yeah for the the memories that we all share when we go to a little piece of
2 comments:
Yay for the cabin! We are very excited at our house, too. Especially for swimming in the lake! Not many lemonade stands where I live...hmmm. Love that picture of Samuel!
that is a fabulous hat picture of samuel!
Post a Comment