
I went on a tree hunt today.
Might as well-it is the 9th of December. I had a hard time deciding whether to put up the fake tree or splurge on a real one. Last year we cut one down on our way home from Arizona! Loved that. . .so any way I went on a tree hunt-
Smiths, the RiteAid parking lot, Cummings trees, and the Garden Spot.
Looking for a beautiful tree for not so much money.... there were a lot of beautiful trees....but man can you pay a lot for one!! (maybe we should plant a few in our backyard and sell them in the next few years?)
I found one or two I loved at Cummings...$65. I adored one at the Rite Aid lot...$70. I found 0 at Smiths. I kept looking until I found a smallish, but okay height, not to big and round, wonderful color, and delightfully good smelling tree for $30. at the Garden Spot. Then I tipped the guy $5 bucks....so for $35. I have a tree.
And it is now in my living-room.
With some help from Grandpa it is standing straight up- waiting patiently for lights and ornaments.
I love this time of year. I come by it naturally--from my mother.
Oh Christmas Tree...how lovely are thy branches.
1 comment:
I love it! We can't wait to see the tree! Hey- maybe that's where I get my love of Christmas, too?!
Post a Comment