02 March 2014

Family Rules

I know that I was a mom with a lot of Family rules....

I remember that we didn't watch TV on weekdays....at least when you were young.
TGIF was a big deal on Friday nights!
"You love me don't you!"

Come home right after school.
       I remember a time when Bryttin didn't come right home and man she was in big trouble!
2 jobs, practice and read everyday. Feed the dog.
                             We had lots of charts! Earned lots of trips to Artic Circle for ice cream sandwiches.
ALWAYS write "Thank you notes"
Be nice to you brother and sisters.
Tell the truth.
If you run away be sure to call grandpa.
Don't dial 911 until you talked to mom.
Don't ask non-family members to be in the Woo-Woo club.
Kitchen jobs.  Saturday jobs.
Tell mom if  you were going somewhere.
Be home by 9:00pm on week nights and 11:00pm on weekends...
                           (gradually became midnight when you got into High School.) 
                                               and then there was Bailey who could come in anytime she wandered in)
Come in and tell mom you were home. . .
                             (or she would listen for the floor creaking and know what time it really was.)

I realize I was one of the meanest moms ever! I remember you all telling me that a number of times and at various levels of volume.

Here are a few of the  rules I would give you today-
+
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE - A CHILD OF A LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER WHO KNOWS YOU
PRAY EVERY DAY 
Be generous to others
Write Thank you notes
REMEMBER YOUR PARENTS LOVE YOU

What rules did you wish you had?
Mom

No comments: