12 August 2013

In the good old summertime-

Yes! summer is speeding by but I have to say what a wonderful summer it has been.
Spent time at the cabin in June when the weather changes 5 times a day- cloudy, hail, rain, sun and wind. It could even snow up there in June but doesn't stick on the ground. Enjoyed the lake when the sun came out and enjoyed the fire the rest of the time.  One thing about the cabin in May- not as many mosquito's.  Jason and Spence put some new flooring in the loft and I think it makes a "Hu-mungo" difference up there!
Spent a few days at Bear Lake with a few of my girl friends.  Nothing like getting together with friends! Laughing, talking, sunning,  famous shakes at the Hamburger stand, shopped the 3 stores in town and a play at the Pickleville playhouse.  The very sad thing about this trip was actually watching Perry Mason one night and reminiscing about childhood TV shows.  How ridiculous is watching Perry!!!- very! Having girl friends makes life sweet.
Had a fabulous family 4th of July. Canyon breakfast and fireworks down in the City's backyard field. Brynn and Samuel bought a house and the moving in thing is still in the process of happening. Lot's of elbow grease, painting and change is still going on. It will be a totally different house in the next few weeks.
Summer school classes up at the school with Brynn were fun, hard work and I think successful. We could not have done it without Bryttin.  Hope to do it again next year.
The cabin in July went WAY to fast. The weather was still a little fickle and the sun did not seem as hot this year but a few of us still got a sunburn.  Jones, Grovers, Bailey our SUU family member and Pop/Bee made some good memories. Brynn, Bailey and Spence watched the sun rise over on the look out mountain, Jones went for a anniversary date hike in the park and we wore a lounge clothes for as long as we wanted!  Fun family times and later in the week a family in our neighborhood came up. The Fuhrimans. We had a Pirate party on Friday night and the week was a little bit of heaven....not wanting our time to be over on our go home Sunday.
One unique thing about this summer is that I am not going up to the school everyday. I was there for the summer classes and have been an hour here and there since but not like the last two years when I felt I was there ALOT.  I am trying so hard to relax a little about room stuff.  Hoping to get my files more organized before school starts but waiting til we are on "paid" time to set up the classroom etc.
TREK is still in the back of my mind constantly but we finally found a theme idea we think is the ONE.  What a process and learning patience experience this has been.   ----
HIGHER GROUND.   It encompasses the things we were hoping for- Recognizing the spirit, focus on the temple and remembering the pioneers who came to this valley.  We are going with it. I feel good about it.
Got to see the twins and E for a little while this weekend. Man those babies change every time I see them. I have absolutely no idea how Erica does all the things she does...just getting them both a bottle and to bed made me realize how lucky I was to have my babies one at a time! Miss Bret in the summer. Lot's of fire this year. I think he is still enjoying his job but misses his "3 girls".
And of course-
 summertime would not be complete and sure without PEACHES. Just spent an hour freezing some for smoothies. We still have a bushel to share and eat. Have not picked the whole tree yet.  Love peach season!
Like I said before the summertime has shot by but I have loved every single minute of it.  I am wishing it was not coming to an end so soon.

Love Mom

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

Quite the recap! We sure love our Bee and Pop...thanks for a great summer! Oh, and we loooovvvveee those peaches- want to share a few more?