20 March 2013

Watching way TOO much TV

Okay...so dad and I went on a mad run of staying up late (too late) watching cop shows.
White collar, Burn Notice and Life- about some cop who was set up and sent to prison for 12 years- got out- returned to being a detective, working on the side figuring out who set him up. Every once in a while we would watch Psyche and Monk...more cop shows.
OBVIOUSLY
 it is apparent that I took the cop show/good guy/bad guy/civil duty thing to the EXTREME...
 because today- (really this morning....)
I thought I could-
scare???
stop???
a robbery in the school parking lot!

So .. the story is
Amy and I go to the hall door at the end of the building..the door is locked.
We come out and start walking around to go find another door to check...hear a loud crash.
CRASH
A guy in a black hoody just crashed in a window of a black SUV parked behind the school in the parking lot! Amy and I start yelling at the guy.
HEY  HEY YOU...
Amy backs up- she has her phone in her hand....I start walking out to the car continuing to yell at the guy.  (I don't really know what I was thinking...wait...I wasn't thinking!)
He jumps into a small red car, peels out making a U turn out of the parking lot.
I turn around yelling to Amy..
"I can't get the license plate because I can't see that far!"
She is yelling to me to come back! What if the guy had a gun.
My heart was pumping.
 I call back to "call the police...."

My heart did not return to a regular pace for at least an hour.
But I had to focus because-
we had to  get ready for Tyrannosaurus Rex day.
(and everyone knows how crazy T-rex day can be!)

I don't know about your mother!!
No more cop shows!!

Love,
Your courageous? or crazy?
Mom

3 comments:

Spence said...

You are my hero... but I'm glad he didn't start shooting.

Jones Family said...

Totally courage! You are pretty awesome, mom. I especially like how your mind went right to calming down for t-rex day. :)

Bailey said...

WOW! What a story! Also, did you know there is a communication theory about just that? The Cultivation Theory, also known as "mean world syndrome". Look it up!