Okay- so I stopped by the outlets on my way home from B and E's last week. I am looking for a birthday gift for Amy. It's her birthday this week. (I don't have any good ideas for her yet.)
I walked around each one of the factory stores- Gap, J Crew, Banana, Nike, etc. etc. and
GUESS WHAT...I spied with my little eye-
ORANGE!
Yes- orange shoes, orange shirts, orange dresses, orange pants, orange socks, orange shoe laces, orange sweaters, orange window displays, orange ties, orange jewelry, orange hats and orange rain coats.
Now- as you all know -
I have been wearing orange for years now.
I betcha you didn't know that...
I have been hip, styling, a fashionista, groovy, so cool, a woman "who is setting the pace" and "in the fashion know"for a long time now!
Back to the days when we went to New York and they told us "no one wears orange-every one wears black". Back to the days when someone asked me for help at Home Depot when I was wearing my orange wind breaker. Back to the days when we were at Disneyland and you couldn't lose me because I stood out in the crowd. You know- the days when you TEASED me about my orange fetish.
And now-
I bet you can't wait to go out and find something orange to wear this Spring.
I think you should. Definitely.
Then you can be hip like your mother!
xoxox
Mom

3 comments:
You are so totally hip, Mom! I guess you and Jason will now be "cool".
I'm wearing an orange shirt as I read this... however, I wear it with my pajamas... wouldn't be caught out in the world with it on.
I guess I might have to reconsider that now, if only to keep pace with my trendsetter wife!
My favorite colors are blue and pumpkin.
Post a Comment