16 January 2013

A favorite holiday

Yesterday Brynn dropped by after school.  I was sitting at the computer working on something...(or maybe looking at Pinterest)  she plops down on the couch and announces:
"It's almost my birthday."
I saw her at school today. I gave her a quick hug and she says to me: 
"My birthday is a week from today!"
We all know how much Brynn loves her birthday- it begins as soon as the calendar changes to January!
But after thinking about it...

I think you all love your birthdays.
Birthdays were a pretty major deal around this house.  
Both dad and I wanted it to be a big day for the birthday child. 
 - A birthday breakfast complete with birthday presents (sometimes old batteries or shoes were wrapped), always a birthday book, usually a birthday party (at least until you turned 12). The party was complete with cupcakes (sometimes a real cake?) a theme and the old video camera making its funny noises
 and struggling to stay focused. 
I love birthdays. I love parties.  I love getting together with the people I love and 
celebrating
 the day you were born.  
Nothing better than that! 

Love, 
Mom


No comments: