The decorations are up. No tree yet but....the rest of the house is decked out.
(Actually I have a tiny tree up in the TV room for Lyvia to decorate whenever she comes over.)
I am making my lists and checking them twice or three times just to make sure I know where I have hidden everything!
I keep changing my mind on what book title to give who but the books are all under the bed and waiting to be wrapped up.
A few projects here and there are slowly getting done and figured out.
And while I feel a buzzing joy about the holiday-
I am taking in the lights, the santa's, bright paper, cards, the music, smells, candy(!), the stories, the colors, the nativities, the happy whirling smiles of the children and the quiet time at my house.
Just the other night on the news- a Catholic Bishop suggested we all focus more on slowing down and enjoying the reason for the season... Heavenly Fathers gift to all of us. His son. Jesus Christ.
Dad and I talked about it. We love the idea.
Hope you will slow down and join us in the remembering.
We love Him. We are grateful for His watchful care. We love singing about Him.
We love His story.
We are truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment