03 June 2010

Summer is finally here!


With those few relaxing days at the cabin over memorial day weekend- we know that SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE!
Yearbooks are out(and they are very classy), third grade teachers are planning their last few fun projects-(like chalk art and spaghetti towers), Bret is out in the forests cutting trees and waiting for fires, the preschool program was a great success, Lyvia is taking swim lessons, temperatures are rising quickly (82 yesterday), the garden is growing with tomatoes and squash(no pumpkins yet) ....
and today is Bailey's graduation day. She gets to sing the Circle of Life at graduation exercises and that is the perfect song to express the feelings of the day. Tonight is the "Last night 2010"- the all nighter down at Olympus for the seniors and then summer- no school for Bailey until August 16th when she moves down to Cedar City to go to SUU. . . . hmmm
and then a new "phase" of life starts for Spence and I.
Empty nesters.

Come visit us often. We will be going through some melancholy emotions, new experiences, and quiet nights and I am not so sure how I feel about it!!

Congratulations Bailey.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

Spence said...

A lovely day, wonderful family, beautiful daughter. Circle of Life was amazing. These are the kind of days I'm in that 'Dad Ozone'. I'm loving being a dad and a Pop. Way to go Bay!

Anna Lois said...

Jim used to say that days like you have had recently are the "pay off days." I think you can relax about being an empty nester. The church and your marriage will quickly absorb your time. It will be easy to sleep just a little bit longer and that will probably be good for your health. I thought I would make a little outdoor place for myself on my front porch where I could read to pass the hours. Well, the chair was there for about 3 days and it was clear to me that there would be no empty hours. That is for people who are not Mormons. Somebody always needs you.