15 September 2008

It's September

i just love this month!  The weather is so co operative- it is beautiful sunny weather, not to hot not to cold, the wind blows sometimes but not enough to ruin anything and just enough to dry clothes that I put out on the line. It rains sometimes too...not cold rain though just warm rain that makes it so I don't have to turn on the sprinnklers! (good thing- water last month was over $110. ) Sun, wind, rain in the Fall is wonderful and the nights...cool and perfect for opening windows and listening to the wind in the trees. Not blanket weather yet.
The flowers are in bloom in my yard and the bees are loving every color out there! I really love my zinnia's this year- I love cutting some to bring inside and having fresh flowers all about- here and there. Flowers in the house are always a good thing. The vegetable garden is being neglected- at least in the weed department. The  weeds are enjoying themselves and eventually I will need to get out there to pull them. The tomatoes, zuchinni, and little pumpkins are enjoying the cooler tempatures and the raspberries are finallly coming on.
School brings about a slow down kind of schedule- Bailey does homework, we are home together most of the time and life is not moving so fast. We still have things to do and places to go but it just seems a little mellower than the rush of Summer.  My pre school class is slowly but surely catching on to the routine of the day. It is always nice when they figure it out and know what to expect. 
Birthdays!  We love birthdays at our house and September is full of them. Lyvia t urned one...and besides being so dang cute she had her first ear infection.  Luckily she is not taking after the Bowthorpes with ears!! My children all seemed to have 80 infections before the age of one. 
So..before I go on and on--- I hope all of you are delighted with this month and season too.  I love you and want to remind all of you to remember your letters -KYW   CTR and BRFB.
Love,  Your mother


3 comments:

brynn said...

first of all, Mom-- I'm so proud of you for knowing how to blog all by yourself.

I love this time of year, too. Even Rexburg is mild and beautiful!

love you and miss you all--
POD, Brynn

Jones Family said...

September is really wonderful- the crispness in the evenings is my favorite. Lyv and I have been out in the yard swinging, just enjoying the sun!

:) Bryttin

ps- Lyv is doing SO much better with her ears- good sleeping and happy kid!

Anonymous said...

September is the best month of all!