25 September 2008

Its that time of year

It is almost monday and on monday I am going to put the orange lights out on the fence...I might even pick my mini pumpkins and put them in a bowl on the table...It's that time of year....the time to get ready for October...and October means Halloween decorations! yes! I love Halloween decorations- not the scary monsterybloody curdling kind but the fun orange and black and pumpkiny kind.  
I always wonder about those moms who say they can't stand Halloween. The whole costume thing, the vampires, head hunters  and other totally gross costumes,(I don't like these either) the candy- the whole idea of rotting teeth with the Halloween sticky chewy candy... The frightmare haunted house...I dont like this part of halloween either but I do love the cute costumes like the guy in the shower, the bunch of grapes, the ice cream cones...the safari snake hunter dude that Bret was one year. I love that.  I love the Aunt Alyson Halloween party (soon to become the Aw B Hallowween party)with the fortune teller, games and of course new place mats! I love the scarecrow in the front yard, the frankinstein can, the witch hat and the pumpkin plates...I know you know but I love the whole candy thing too. When I was young my mom gave out popcorn balls because very few trick or treaters came down the long driveway to ring the doorbell.  halloween pumpkins, fun preschool halloween songs and of course the day of days- the costume parade at the elementary school. Bret told me Erica loves October and Halloween decorations too....she must be in the family.
Yes starting next week- a little October will be coming to our house.  Beware! or I should say...it will be so fun.

Remember who you are and what you represent!  YTB   CTR  BRFB
Love mom

1 comment:

Spence said...

Congratulations to the Halloween lady! Our home is starting to look the part and it's not even October yet.