17 June 2014

Trek is almost here.

Well summer started a few weeks ago.  I have been out in my garden and my wonderful husband put up the patio lights that I bought 2 1/2 years ago.  I have kept up with laundry, picked lettuce, weeded, cleaned bathrooms, and for the most part kept on top of the basics....but most of my time is spent on TREK.
I have a new skirt to wear, notes to committee members, delivered aprons, typed up agendas and itineraries.  I have called on orders, kept track of registration forms (even with a computer corruption) and hopefully kept apprized of what is happening in the wards with their captains.
I think I am ready for this to happen...
and be done with it.
I have enjoyed watching the tiny miracles that happen when you are planning an event for the youth of the church. And they do happen. It's amazing.  The Lord really is in the details of our lives. I have seen it over and over again with trek planning.
I don't begrudge this opportunity at all. I truly learned life lessons.  I have enjoyed working with dad on this project. We are so different in organizing, decision making and planning but he is very good at listening and working things out. Always has been.  I love that about him. He is very good with people and details. Love that about him too. It's been great to work together, work things out.
BUT
I am ready to move on to other adventures.  I am anxiously waiting for a few lazy days at the cabin. I am wanting to clean out a few cupboards and go swimming with grandchildren. I have a sewing project in mind.  I am even getting excited for an eventful few days in the country's capital with Bailey.
I think there will be a period of time with a void of busyness. I think it will be an adjustment. I am okay with that. I will acclimate myself to the idea.  I will modify, rejig, balance out, retune, revamp and remodel my life after trek.
Infact....I'm
looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Bailey said...

Wooohoo! Amazed at all of your hard work and planning and so excited for you and Brynn to come visit!