A FEW OF THE LITTLE THINGS LATELY:
*I listened to the rain last night falling on the neighbors plastic sidewalk roof.
It was a good sound. We needed the rain... even the kind of cold rain that is inching us closer to Winter time. My raspberries will enjoy one last drink.
*Watched an "old" movie with dad last night. Field of Dreams. Neither of us remembered it from the 1990's. Then we talked about it afterwards- trying to figure it out. Any ideas?
*Talked to Bailey about the debates. She is loving her Political Comm class and all this election stuff. I think Dad and I are getting tired of the ad's on TV, the telephone calls and mailers. Looking forward to November 7th! Hope "my guys" win.
*Making a few little things for the new girls joining our family soon. (hopefully the end of Dec.) Babies are always a fun thing to get ready for.
* Made a DI run for some costumes/potion stuff for the preschool dramatic play area. Found a cool Pippi Longstocking book. Want to read it again. Found a few cool plastic containers to hold frog legs and spiders webs.
* Took a few minutes to read some of my Halloween books. I always loved changing up the books upstairs and reading them to my children. We would sit on the couch and I would read and everyone was quiet and still....listening. You can never have to many picture books.
*Sat outside in the backyard yesterday with Dixie. Poor old dog. She still wags her big tail, loves to be with people and stands at the door to come in.... but she can't hear a thing, see very much and walks very slowly. She's a good old dog.
*Melted some caramels in a bowl and dipped apples into it. That was lunch yesterday. Sounds like something I would have for lunch.
*Wrote a few thank you cards. Thought about how great it is to get real mail from a mailbox. Lost art. Need to revive it. Look for something in the mail.
What little things have you been celebrating lately?
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment