21 August 2012

Sad but true

I planted 3 pumpkin plants this year. (I know, I know...dad thinks pumpkin plants are a waste of garden space.)The leaves are big and the vines are long....but there is not one pumpkin growing on any of them!
Sad but true.
I might not have a pumpkin on my front porch this year or even any little pumpkins sitting on the hutch! (Well maybe some fake ones)
For some reason my pumpkins did not do well this year.
The one by the side fence has had a brown dog sleeping on it every afternoon. The one by the back tomato plants is growing throughout the raspberries and has beautiful orange blossoms but no fruit. The one back by the plum tree is small and pathetic.
What will October look like with no real pumpkins at my house???
I have not given up yet.
I am watering them still! I hope magically, I will get one tiny little orange sphere, on one of the above mentioned plants by October 1st.
My fingers are crossed.
Cross yours too for good luck.
Love, Mom

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

we're crossing our fingers, too! if it doesn't work out...then it's just a fun trip to the pumpkin patch with the cute little doo doos to pick out a perfect one!