No- I loved him way before we got married. . . and even more in these past 33 years.
When you love someone even when you are frustrated or upset with them its good. It's okay to have to work things out. The most important part is caring more about the other person than yourself. Giving and taking. Living and crying and laughing about all kinds of heart aches and heart joys.
He is the best father ever.
I am very blessed to be only 1/2 of the parenting team of our family. I know there are a thousand more times when my children would call for him instead of their mother.
Here are just a few things Spence did for our kids. 33 things-one for each year we have been married. (I could do more)
- Walked with them at night when they were fussy
- changed them, bathed them, hugged them
- Took them fishing (even kept them safe by tying one of them to a tree)
- Didn't join "the band".
- bought them bikes, scooters, roller blades and motorcycles
- Taught them how to ride bikes, roller blade, scooter and motorcycle
- took them camping and hiking
- let them light the fire
- scout camps, winter camps, pine wood derbys
- sat with them while they were sick in the bathroom
- paid for dancing lessons, little league, music lessons, swim lessons and
- went to countless concerts, meets, dance programs and games (even the ones where they were skipping the whole time.)
- played the guitar for them
- let them have a dog
- taught them James Taylor, Carol King and Kenny Loggins songs.
- tried to teach them old western songs by weird country artists.
- paid for the stitches, braces, fillings and ear infections
- worked hard to treat them to vacations and camping trips
- dressed up for daddy daughter dates
- taught them to wear white socks with sandals.
- offered to pay them cash for reading some of his "books"
- listens to them and encourages their dreams
- loves the Lord
- taught them it was fun to clean the garage, feed the dog, shovel snow and mow the lawn.
- photographed and videoed the "days in our lives" with smiles, accomplishments and costumes.
- taught them how to make bread, pies and rolls
- found out what our children wanted to do and encouraged them to do it.
- Introduced them to New York
- loves to perform with them
- wanted them
- made them the center of his life
- loved their mother and all her antics
Yes- our dad is the best! I am glad I chose him 33 years ago.

2 comments:
Our Dad is the best! I would also add that our Mom is the best too!
I second Bailey. We have the best parents ever!!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment