I have been reading more Mr. Rogers books...he truly is one of my hero's.
A few thoughts:
"We don't always succeed in what we try- certainly not by the world's standards- but I think you'll find it's the willingness to keep trying that matters most."
"Deep down we know that what matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves. What really matters is helping others win too, even if it means slowing down and changing our course now and then."
"One of the most essential ways of saying, "I love you" is by careful listening- listening with "the ear of the heart."
"If we grow up fearing mistakes, we may become afraid to try new things. Making mistakes is a natural part of being human and natural part of the way we learn. It's an important lesson, at any time of life, but certainly the earlier the better. We all make mistakes as we grow, and not only is there nothing wrong with that, there's everything right about it."
"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said "yes" when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."
and one of my very favorites:
"When gusty winds blow and shake our lives, if we know that there are those people who care about us, we may bend with the wind--but we won't break." "family."
No comments:
Post a Comment