12 March 2010

This is a good thing-

It's Friday and I am home...
no district pre school meetings for me today! YEAH.
I love having a no schedule kind of a morning where I can be in my pajamas while I dust and vacuum, read at the table while I eat my breakfast and simply...move slowly through the morning. I even spent awhile out in the garden cutting down the raspberries that never got done last Fall....(and I did it in my pajamas.) Slow mornings are delightful.
This is a good thing.
Slowing down always helps me to be grateful for my life, family and all that goes on around me.
" I am grateful for whatever helps my spirit grow." -F Calloway
Slowing down is also a good idea because...
the Jones baby comes on Sunday!!!
and I plan on being around for helping purposes as much as possible.
This is good. We can't wait to have another grand daughter! (Maybe they should name her after me!)

Wedding plans move on and invites are being addressed and stamped.
Brynn found some yellow shoes to wear with her wedding dress. We are still in search of a yellow dress for Bailey, but the dessert table menu is planned and organized, Nana helped us find some milk glass cake stands, the ceiling ribbon thing is sounding more doable and I know the timing on when to start the wheat grass growing. This is good.

Bret and Erica have moved into their new Lehi home. They are making it their own with paint and furnishings. Spence has been helping Bret build a dog kennel and garden space in their back yard. I think they are thrilled with all this new house stuff. This is good.

Bailey is gearing up to go on choir tour. She is loving every minute of her very busy schedule and to top it off she gets to sing a solo in one of her favorite songs- the CIRCLE OF LIFE. They leave the last week of the month for California. She is most excited about Disneyland and seeing the LION KING on her way home in Las Vegas. (She says you can never see the LION KING to many times and is lobbying to get tickets when it comes to Salt Lake. ) This is a good thing.

"The happiness of life is made up of little things- a smile, a helping hand, a caring heart...laughter. We are most alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thorton Wilder

So on with my day-
Hope yours is full of good things too.
Mom

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

Life is good! Thanks for all you do to keep our family running smoothly...we love you, Bee!

Anna Lois said...

It is a good thing to blog. This update inspired me to try to be happier. I have a darling front porch decoration including Grandpa's old corn shucker and silk pansies. There are no termites, only wood beetles in my fence and wood beetles are not as destructive. Amelia came okay. Ava's girls are really, truly coming. Bret's have a new house. Lugene is going to China. The missionaries are happy in my house. David painted my fence. I got seven new geraniums. I WILL BE IN UTAH FOR BRYNN'S WEDDING. Good and cheerful predominates!