24 August 2009

Todays the first day of school


It's August 24th- I think it is a bit early for the first day of school- It seems like school should not really be in session until September but that has not happened for years now.
Some of us are back in with both feet- that would be Brynn and Bailey.
Brynn is teaching in her own third grade classroom. She has worked hard to make it into a place of learning and a place of fun. Her 25 students will have a fabulous year- full of globes, postcards, reading, signing, and even a little math thrown in when Brynn gets around to making up her lesson plans! The crowning aspect of the classroom- the lunch count / roll board- hopefully will be installed today- the refridgerator that we found at the dump on the way home from the cabin- that the Grovers painted red- that we made name magnets for- will go up today sometime. (I will get a picture of it and post it later.) Yeah! for the third grade. (Yay)
Bailey has been so excited- more than that -very enthusiastic and over the top- about going back to school. She has a full plate for the first couple of months of school- Homecoming chair, the musical, yearbook stuff, ensemble stuff and seminary stuff. She seems to be as happy as a clam! I think the hardest thing so far has been getting through the book Jane Eyre- she thinks it is a dumb book and would rather read more Charles Dickens than this. We think Bailey's year will be full and whirlwindish! She is going to love it.

The word for this year is DELIGHT.
I usually write a note to the girls each year before school- or at least for the past 6 years I have been doing it. And the word I chose this year is delight.
**Enjoy, take pleasure in, appreciate, relish, revel in, value, savor and soak up. Find joy in the journey!
I wish this word for everyone! Have a delighful journey.

I sure love my family. You guys are the best. It's sad to say good bye to the summertime (maybe we will have a few more backyard dinners) but I guess its time to say hello to the school year.

BRFB
Mom

1 comment:

Spence said...

Great word to remember and live by. Thanks for the good advice. Love you!