09 February 2009

Mom's Sick

Mom is sick. That's a bummer. I think just about any of the rest of us could get sick and no one but the family at home would know it. But when mom is sick it affects everyone. She is connected to everyone in the family everyday all the time. She's indispensible to her class, her friends, the Foundation, the ward, groceries, laundry, planning, sounding boarding, idea generating, laughing, partying, gaming, keeping tabs on everything. The world knows when mom is sick.

I want to change the world for Alyson. She's my lovely and beautiful wife and friend. It's frustrating not to be able to make her comfortable, happy, and well. Men always want to 'fix things'. I wish I could. I'll be hoping she's better tomorrow and feeling 100 percent very soon. Then I'll make her a smoothie or hot chocolate and make it all better. Tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jones Family said...

we love you mom! sending "get well" thoughts your way...

aly said...

mom is now feeling like a real person again. I don't think I am up for a party but I would love some hot chocolate!
I love my family. thanks for all you do for me.

Grandpa & Grammy said...

What a super bowl party,,,,,,everybody who was there got sick. Seem like it went thru the whole group, NOT FUN!!! Hope everybody is getting better and back to normal.